Almost every single day you probably hear on the news that Trump is a racist. (Disclaimer: This is the biggest lie you could ever believe). Well, I’m about to burst this bubble with some of the top reasons why Trump is NOT a racist, so without hesitation let’s jump into it.
- Trump has Condemned White Supremacy
Yes, that’s right. He has said that white supremacy is a bad thing. In 2017 you may remember a Neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Va. Trump was accused of defending these white supremacist when the liberal news media took one of his quotes out of context. But, look at this quote from Trump talking about the rally.
As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.
And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.
We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists/
Does that sound like a racist to you?
2. Trump has Passed Laws that Have Helped Minority Communities
- Trump passed criminal justice reform with the First Step Act. (if you want to know more about this follow the link bellow)
- Trump provided more funding to historically Black Colleges (once again follow the link for more information)
- He put Ben Carson, a black man, in his cabinet over the Department of Housing and Urban Development (not a law but a position of power)
- He helped create a booming economy that greatly benefited minorities. (Just look at the unemployment rate and growth of minority owned business in 2018 and 19)
3. Trump’s Support with Minority Voters has Grown Since 2016
I think it goes without saying that if Trump was really as racist as people say he is then his support with black, Hispanic, and Asian voters would have dropped since he got elected. That hasn’t happened. Many pollsters have recorded Trump’s Job approval rating among black voters as high as 20% and 30%. (In 2016, he only won 8 percent of all black voters). But that’s not all. Many pollsters also have reported Trump’s Job approval among Hispanic voters at 35% and even 40%. (In 2016, he won 29% of all Hispanic voters).
All this just goes to show that Trump is not a racist, so if you are a Trump supporter then share this message.